Friday, December 20, 2013

Happy Holidays and a word on a skinny situation.

It's been a long time since I have posted and I hope everyone is doing great. I became a little disheartened after a boarding facility in CO treated myself and several other trainers in a less than acceptable way. My two horse's feed was cut in half and I was shocked and heartbroken to say the least.

The horses have been out of the facility for a while now and have most of their weight back on.  What can you do if this situation happens to you?
Find out if the weight loss is due to teeth, age, or any other health related factor. If not and you begin to witness your horse trying to eat sticks and leaves, find a solution.
I gave my notice as soon as I could and began to supplement with timothy pellets.  Rice bran and even beet pulp can help in addition to the pellets.  It is very difficult when this happens especially to the hard keepers and older horses.
My advice is to always pay close attention to your horse.  Bad behavior or odd behavior is always your horse communicating with you.

Happy Holidays to everyone and Happy Horse Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment